Sunday, September 30, 2012

A PR!

It is a raining, pouring day in Maine.  But I am still on cloud 9.  I PR'd in the Maine 1/2 marathon today.  And not just a little PR - I shaved at least 15 minutes off my last half marathon!  I don't know exact numbers yet, but according to Runkeeper, I was at 1:55.  According to the clock as I passed through, it was 1:54.  They haven't posted official gun time results yet.  Regardless, it is at least 15 minutes.

Before starting, I set a few goals for myself.  First was to finish.  Second was to finish without any walking.  And third was to finish under 2 hours.  After the gun went off and the running actually started, I added a final goal to the list.  It was to make sure to beat the rude cutter and shover woman in gray and peach striped spandex.  I hate runners like that.  If you are that good, start all the way at the front and put some distance between yourself and the pack.  But, as usual, the ones who behave this way aren't premier runners.  She would take off in a sprint, bumping people out of her way, cutting right in front of them causing them to stumble and then I would shortly catch up with her.  I had her too, and then in the last 1/2 mile, she took off in a mad sprint again.  So goal 4 was not achieved!  But the other ones were, so I'm putting this in the victory column!


No comments:

Post a Comment