Monday, August 27, 2012

Redneck Triple Crown

When I started dating my husband, my future SIL joked that I needed to complete my redneck triple crown before the wedding.  This meant attending the local rodeo (pronounced by SIL as row-day-o), the demolition derby and a monster truck event.

15 years after the wedding, my crown is still missing all of its jewels.

But that changed this weekend.  This weekend my husband and I took the kids to Car Wars at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway.  We had a blast.







Smiles all around at the end of the night.  My daughter was with us, but the only photos I have of her have other kids in them, and my policy is to not include those here unless I have explicit permission from their parents.

My SIL will be happy to know that I've started working on my triple crown.


No comments:

Post a Comment